Landlord Gas Safety Certificates
A landlord gas safety certificate involves a Gas Safe registered engineer inspecting your gas appliance(s). It will identify any defects which require remedial work. You should have a gas safety check every year, this is the law.
Should all my gas appliances be Tested?
By Law, all gas appliances in a property have to be tested. A gas safety engineer can only certify gas safety certificate when all the appliances in the property owned by the landlord have been tested on the day.
RCS (Halifax) Ltd will check the following four areas:
- All gas appliances are on the correct setting and burning correctly with the right operating pressure.
- Harmful gases are being removed from the appliance safely to the air outside.
- All ventilation routes are clear and working properly.
- All the safety devices are working.
Get an estimate now:
Request a quote from RCS (Halifax) Ltd for a landlord gas safety certificate. If you are a homeowner looking to service or repair an existing boiler please visit our Boiler Service and Repairs page for more information.
Can landlords can be prosecuted for not complying with the law?
Failure to follow gas safety requirements is a criminal offence and can be punished by fines or imprisonment.
A landlord has the responsibility to carry out annual gas safety checks. The landlord must keep records of the gas safety certificates for 2 years and let the tenant know within 28 days.
RCS (Halifax) Ltd are Gas Safe Registered
RCS (Halifax) Ltd are Gas Safety registered (No. 567349). You can find us listed on the Gas Safety website.
You should never trust anyone who is not on the Gas Safe Register. Without formal training and qualification, the engineer is not fit to work with gas appliances.
- Approximately two thirds of illegal gas work inspected by the Register has been found to be unsafe.
- Using an illegal gas worker could invalidate the warranty on your boiler and may invalidate your landlord insurance.
- If you have any information on businesses or individuals carrying out illegal gas work, you can report them.