Who do we hold or process data on?
We hold and/or process personal data on any of the following:
- Contacts, targets and intermediaries
- Website visitors
- Directors and employees
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you enquire about or buy/supply one of our products or potential products and/or when you use our website, for example, when you contact us about our products. Information you have given us may be verified against the ‘Company House’ database or other publicly available sources and we may add information to our account which has been gained from these sources.
What type of information do we collect from you?
We do hold the following information:
- Names (including title)
- Email addresses
- Home addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Mobile numbers
How is your information used?
We may use your information to:
- Contact you by post, email or telephone, including send order confirmations or invoices.
- Verify your identity where this is required
- Understand your needs and how they may be met
- Maintain our records in accordance with applicable legal and regulatory obligations
- Process financial transactions and conduct credit checks
- For marketing purposes– We may occasionally contact you regarding new products or changes to our stock policies. All of our marketing emails have an ‘opt-out’ option on them and you are free to select this option at any time. We will do our best to ensure that if you select to opt out that this is actioned as soon as possible.
- Send you a customer satisfaction survey – As part of our quality assurance we may send out a customer satisfaction survey once a year. As this is a business requirement it does not fall under the scope of marketing & therefore you may still be sent the survey even if you have selected to opt out of our marketing emails.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties and we will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Any staff with access to your information have a duty of confidentiality and have been trained in the General Data Protections Regulations 2018. (GDPR).
Use of third parties
There are occasions when personal data held by us may be transferred to other parties. For example, we use other companies to provide and maintain the firm’s IT systems. We ensure that the IT systems used by those third parties are located in secure sites and that the companies themselves have compliant GDPR systems and procedures.
We may also have a need to disclose personal data to other parties such as the company’s auditors, other professional firms or regulatory bodies.
Website / Customer Portal visitors
Visiting our offices
If you visit one of our offices you will be required to sign in and out of the building. These records are kept for 3 years in order to comply with fire & BRC regulations, are stored securely and destroyed on a regular basis.
CCTV is in operation outside some of our offices. This is in place for security reasons and is controlled by RCS (Halifax) Ltd. It is generally only accessed when an incident occurs which requires access to CCTV records by police or other security companies. Records are kept for 6 months before being overwritten.
Personal data will be retained for as long as we have a relationship or potential relationship with the individual and in order to meet any legal requirements.
Partners and employees
Personal data on directors and staff is collected in the ordinary course of running our business. Further details are included in the Company’s Employee Handbook which is available for all staff either in hardcopy or on the Company’s WIKI. Personal data obtained from staff and partners will be retained for sufficient time to comply with employment and health and safety laws and HMRC regulations.
- Access to your information: You have the right to request a copy of the personal information about you that we hold.
- Correcting your information: Keeping your information up to date and accurate is important to us. If any information changes or is incorrect please contact us as soon as possible by either emailing email@example.com.
- Deletion of your information: Under certain circumstances, you may have a right to have any personal data held by the company deleted. If you would like to exercise this right please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. There may be statutory or other reasons why we are unable to remove the data and if this is the case, we will inform you of this. You have the right to ask us to delete personal information about you where:
- You consider that we no longer require the information for the purposes for which it was obtained
- Our use of your personal information is contrary to law or our other legal obligations
- Withdrawing consent to use your information: Where we use your personal information with your consent you may withdraw that consent at any time and we will stop using your personal information for the purpose(s) for which consent was given.
Please contact us by emailing email@example.com if you wish to exercise any of these rights.
Changes to our privacy notice
Please contact us with any concerns or amendments to personal data by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.